News From Our Schools
Congratulations to the Band and Choir students who competed at the OMEA District 10 Solo & Ensemble Adjudicated Event held at Granville High School!
Students Receiving a “Good” rating:
  • Percussion Ensemble
Students Receiving an “Excellent” rating:
  • Bella Compton, Elayna Compton, Landon Curren
Students Receiving a “Superior” rating:
  • Sidney Kidd, Henry Shaw, Nicholas Foltz, Bella Compton, Saxophone Quintet, Owen Dorogi, Ethan Kidd (x2),  Clarinet Quartet, Lily Woodford, Kiarah Smith, Dakotah Nash, Shawna Walburn, Izzy Shaffer, Ashley Sweeney
Marley Has Arrived!!!

Licking Valley Middle School welcomes Marley, our new Therapy dog to the LV Family!  Pictured with Marley (from left) are on site trainers Jacie Fondriest, Kat Bowman, Nikki Thompson, and Traci Lausberg.  Welcome Marley!

New Student Registration/Back To School Portal

Licking Valley Mission Statement Logo

Student Registration, Open Enrollment, and 

Kindergarten Information


Who can register for school?

Children planning to attend Kindergarten in the Fall must be 5 years old on or before August 1st of the school year for which they are registering.

Kindergarten registration begins in February.  Registration for students in grades 1-12 begins during the summer and continues throughout the school year.  

Contact the Licking County Educational Service Center at (740) 349-6084 for information about preschool programs.

Where can I register my child for school?

ONLINE!  Parents and legal guardians are to register children by clicking on the NEW TO LICKING VALLEY link in the Registration Gateway section on the right side of this page.  Once you’ve completed the online registration process you’ll be given the opportunity to make an appointment with our district office registrar to complete your registration and provide any required paperwork.

If you are applying via Open Enrollment DO NOT attempt to register/enroll your child.  You first will need to complete an Open Enrollment application, which can be downloaded by clicking on the Open Enrollment Application link on the right side of this page.  The Superintendent’s office must first receive your application, at which time you’ll be given further instructions for registering your child.  Open enrollment applications are usually approved or disapproved by mid-July.  Entering your students' registration information into our Registration Gateway system does not guarantee approval of your Open Enrollment application.

What do I need to bring when I register?

The following documents are required for registration:

=         Parent/Guardian Identification

=         Birth Certificate

=         Immunization Record

=         Proof of Residency

=         Custody/Divorce Decree/Shared Parenting/Guardianship papers with court stamp and judge’s signature

=         Most recent report card (for students in grades 9-12)

These required documents can be uploaded during the online registration process if you have them saved in electronic format, or they can be brought with you to your appointment with the district office registrar.  For detailed document requirements click on the Registration Checklist link on the right side of this page.

Do you need help locating documents?

Birth Certificates for children born anywhere in Ohio may be secured from the Licking County Health Department, 675 Price Road, Newark, OH 43055, (740) 349-6535

Your child’s doctor, clinic, or previous school may have copies of Immunization Records.  Students will need to retake shots if the immunization records cannot be located.

Several forms of address verification are accepted.  A complete list can be found by clicking on the Registration Checklist link on the right side of this page.

Copies of any documents pertaining to guardianship must be provided.  Court documents may include divorce decrees, Juvenile Court orders or Probate Court orders.

Call the Licking Valley District Office at (740) 763-3525 if you have any questions concerning documents required for registration.

I’ve moved.  How do I change my address?

The parent/guardian must provide proof of a new address.  Several forms of address verification are accepted.  A complete list can be found by clicking on the Registration Checklist link on the right side of this page.

What is Open Enrollment?

Parents/Guardians residing outside the boundaries of the Licking Valley Local School District may apply for approval for their students to attend our schools via open enrollment.  Applications for open enrollment must be filed for each student each spring.  Open Enrollment applications are evaluated based on School Board policies and on current class sizes.  Parents are not charged tuition.  Transportation to and from school is the responsibility of the family, Licking Valley buses do not travel outside our school boundaries to pick up and drop off students.

If you are interested in Open Enrollment, click on the Open Enrollment Application link on the right side of this page, complete the document, and bring it to the Licking Valley District office between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:00PM on regularly scheduled school days.  If you have additional questions contact the District Office at (740) 763-3525.

I would like to Homeschool my child.

For Homeschooling information, please contact the Licking Valley District Office at (740) 763-3525.
View text-based website